Rep. Seth MoultonSeth MoultonEx-CBO director calls for more than trillion in coronavirus stimulus spending Overnight Defense: Trump’s move to use military in US sparks backlash | Defense officials take heat | Air Force head calls Floyd’s death ‘a national tragedy’ Democrats blast Trump’s use of military against protests MORE (D-Mass.) is calling on the Democratic National Convention (DNC) to reconsider allowing him on presidential primary debate stage after he was again excluded from the upcoming lineup.
Moulton’s campaign submitted a letter to the DNC citing 12 polls that show the Marine Corps veteran reaching the 1 percent support threshold.
The campaign says the listed polls “meet methodology” required by the party and are run by organizations with a passing rate according to FiveThirtyEight.
“Some are more highly rated or more accurate over time than some of the polls that do count,” the letter continues.
According to a copy of the form the campaign submitted to the DNC shared with The Hill, Moulton reached 1 percent in the following polls: Emerson, Rasmussen/HarrisX, Morning Consult, McLaughlin & Associates, Hill/HarrisX, Economist/YouGov, Crooked Media/Change Research.
None of those polls are among the DNC’s approved organizations list.
Here’s a copy of the letter we submitted to the @DNC today. @sethmoulton hit the threshold in 12 polls, all of which meet methodology standards & are run by organizations with a passing rating. Some are more highly rated or more accurate over time than some polls that counted. pic.twitter.com/hVaoqHVhkc
— Matt Corridoni (@mattcorridoni) July 17, 2019
The letter also says the campaign raised more money in the second quarter of 2019 than five candidates who were on the first debate stage: New York Mayor Bill de BlasioBill de BlasioProtesters splash red paint on NYC streets to symbolize blood De Blasio: Robert E Lee’s ‘name should be taken off everything in America, period’ House Democratic whip pushes back on calls to defund police: We need to focus on reform MORE, Rep. John DelaneyJohn DelaneyThe Hill’s Coronavirus Report: Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas says country needs to rethink what ‘policing’ means; US cases surpass 2 million with no end to pandemic in sight Minnesota AG Keith Ellison says racism is a bigger problem than police behavior; 21 states see uptick in cases amid efforts to reopen The Hill’s Coronavirus Report: Singapore Minister for Foreign Affairs Vivian Balakrishnan says there will be consequences from fraying US-China relations; WHO walks back claims on asymptomatic spread of virus MORE (Md.), Rep. Tim RyanTimothy (Tim) RyanMinnesota AG Keith Ellison says racism is a bigger problem than police behavior; 21 states see uptick in cases amid efforts to reopen Congress must fill the leadership void Pelosi pushes to unite party on coronavirus bill despite grumbling from left MORE (Ohio) and former Colorado Gov. John HickenlooperJohn HickenlooperGun control group rolls out first round of Senate endorsements The Hill’s Campaign Report: Republicans go on attack over calls to ‘defund the police’ Hickenlooper ethics questions open him up to attack MORE.
Moulton was one of two Democratic candidates barred from both debates, alongside Miramar, Fla., Mayor Wayne MessamWayne Martin MessamKey moments in the 2020 Democratic presidential race so far Wayne Messam suspends Democratic presidential campaign 2020 primary debate guide: Everything you need to know ahead of the November forum MORE.
Billionaire investor Tom SteyerTom SteyerBloomberg wages war on COVID-19, but will he abandon his war on coal? Overnight Energy: 600K clean energy jobs lost during pandemic, report finds | Democrats target diseases spread by wildlife | Energy Dept. to buy 1M barrels of oil Ocasio-Cortez, Schiff team up to boost youth voter turnout MORE and former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.), who entered the race after the first debate, also did not qualify for the upcoming Detroit debates which will be hosted by CNN.
The only new candidate to take the stage on July 30 or 31 is Montana Gov. Steve BullockSteve BullockKoch-backed group launches ad campaign to support four vulnerable GOP senators Overnight Energy: US Park Police say ‘tear gas’ statements were ‘mistake’ | Trump to reopen area off New England coast for fishing | Vulnerable Republicans embrace green issues Vulnerable Republicans embrace green issues in battle to save seats MORE (D), who replaces Rep. Eric SwalwellEric Michael SwalwellNASCAR bans display of Confederate flag from events and properties Gloves come off as Democrats fight for House seat in California Grenell says intelligence community working to declassify Flynn-Kislyak transcripts MORE (D-Calif.), who dropped out.
To qualify for the debate, candidates had to reach at least 1 percent support in three polls approved by the DNC or campaign contributions from 65,000 individual donors.
The DNC’s qualifications for the third debate are higher. To get on stage, the two dozen candidates will have to receive 2 percent or more in support from at least four polls and certify their campaigns have received donations from a minimum of 130,000 individual donors.
Click Here: Putters